Saturday 26 April 2008

Czechia! (photos)

Now I'm writing again after a long period and I have to say that I was quite busy the previous days...
First of all, I was in Prague for 6 days with my school, where everything was very beautiful!
The first day (7/4) was really tiring due to thick fog in Prague. We had to land in Brno airport and wait in the plane for 3 hours till the fog would disappear! We finally arrived at noon and the weather in Prague was rainy, windy and cold!


Next morning I saw, that water on streets had been frost, so the tempetrature must have been below 0oC during night.
However, we were lucky as regards the weather the following days and during all our trips it was sunny and warm with temperature being around 15-19oC!
It was a bit cold only on Wednesday 3/4, when we went to Germany to Dresden, due to cloudy weather and wind.




A trip to Cesky Krumlov was organised next day and I was looking from the bus at the Cumulus clouds, which were trying to develope.


Cesky Krumlov was a really beautiful town and it's obvious why it's a UNESCO world heritage centre!




But suddenly, while leaving, I noticed that some Cumulus had appeared South of Cesky Krumlov and they were quite big and dark, too.



It started drizzling in some areas under those Cumulus.


On Friday 11/4 we had plenty of time to look around in Prague centre and I took lots of pictures.
Some of them:






The sky was dizzy and had been covered by Cirrus clouds. Nothing interesting till I suddenly heard some rumbles! I looked outside and it was raining heavily and few lightnings could be seen. It wasn't a severe thunderstorm, but trying to find out were the main part of the thunderstorm was, I noticed some distant thunderstorms instead! Although the rainfall soon ended, I did not expect, that I would experience the first thunderstorm in Czechia and not in Thessaloniki!
Lightning strikes of that day in Europe from Blitzortung.org


Next day, which was the last one in Czechia, we were ready for a trip to Karlovy Vary and Cumulus were covering the sky.
Some pictures of the town:



On the way to airport I saw some "suspicious" clouds, that made me wondering wether there was a "dead" thunderstorm in there or not...




Some minutes later the bus stopped and I was so lucky to capture this beautiful Czechian sunset!



And that was my last sunset in Czechia...
Now, I'm back in Greece studying for the school exams in May...
Although I don't have so much time, I'll try to write again as soon as possible.

No comments: