Wednesday 29 October 2008

An unexpected surprise!

There was no snow, when I woke up early in the morning, so I was almost sure, that I had to forget about it...

However, at ~9:30 snowflakes started falling, but since the temperature was over 0oC the ground was only wet... until the snowfall's intensity became severe and the snowflakes big. Trees, grass, roofs and some streets became white, while the temperature was around +0/+1oC. After an hour of snowfalls, snow-showers started with some hail, too.

The snow became sleet and the sun is shining now with the same temperature. I don't know whether the precipitation will stop, but after looking the radar and the satellite picture, I think there will be a continuity. But maybe not with snow, but with rain...

http://sat24.com/frame.php?html=view&country=scan

http://www.yr.no/sted/Norge/Aust-Agder/Arendal/Arendal/radar.html

 

And... if you see the satellite... you'll probably notice that those clouds are Cumulonimbus clouds... I can see one of those in the sea right now. By the way, it's the first time I see Cumulonimbus cloud with 0oC.

 

Photos and videos will be posted tomorrow!

No comments: